Sunday, January 8, 2012

Truth

My behavior does not influence or change God's love, grace and mercy for me but His love, grace and mercy for me should change my behavior and affections.

I still struggle with this. A part of me still thinks that if I do better today than I did yesterday that God is more pleased with me now...that I now merit more of His favor...that I am somehow more justified before Him.

What a load of crap. What a lie from Satan. What a fabrication that devalues Christ's work on the cross and somehow makes God's unconditional grace in my life about me.

By the power of the Holy Spirit, I will continue to recognize and fight against this lie in my life and in the lives of others.

Jesus saves me. I don't save myself. End of story.

"God's opinion of me doesn't change because his opinion of Christ doesn't change, and I am in Christ." - Stephen Altrogge

"Christianity is not a religion about a moral code to keep. It's about a God who saves people that can't keep the moral code." - Pastor Tullian

No comments: