Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Blog

I had one idea about what this blog would look like when I started a few years ago. God had another idea. I thought it would be a place where I could unload thoughts on any subject that were circling my brain. I thought it might bring peace to my mind so I could sleep better instead of lying awake thinking endlessly.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)

God's plan was to turn this blog into an online spiritual journal...something I had always meant to start keeping offline but had never really embraced. It became a way for me to spend time with God, to listen to the Holy Spirit, to work through things He was teaching me and to reach a deeper understanding of His truth. It has also become a wonderful resource deposit on a variety of spiritual topics.

I occasionally look at the number of page views this blog gets, which posts are receiving the most views and where readers of this blog are from. In just the last week, this blog has had multiple views from the U.S., Germany, France, Argentina, Brazil, Japan, Britain, Ukraine, Hong Kong and Russia. There have been almost 6,500 page views since it began.

That is pretty mind boggling as I never set out to generate any type of audience. I figured just a few friends and family members would ever see this or even have an interest. I didn't know what God had in store. I couldn't see that He would ultimately use this for His glory.

It amazes me what God has done and is doing right here. It amazes me that God chooses to use sinners to advance His kingdom. He always has and it still is shocking. I am a mess. I am a broken sinner. I deal with temptation every day of my life and fail miserably all too often. I am only made alive again through His grace, through the cross of Jesus, through His pursuit of me. And yet, here I am, called to be part of His redeeming work in this fallen world.

It is incredibly humbling and sobering...and awesome. All the glory goes to God for what is written on these pages. Thank you Lord.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." - 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NIV)

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." - 2 Corinthians 5:20 (NIV)

2 comments:

Sarah Domínguez said...

Hi Chris.
Life is so random.
I actually got to your blog, because i was googleling the write way to spell "oughta". And i saw a Bible verse that caught my attention.
I am christian and live in the Dominican Republic.

God has wonderful ways of speaking to us and making us notice Him.

I want to thank you for writting this blog entry, because i can totally relate to it, at this time in my life.

In the midst of broken imperfections, i stand amazed of God's Love Pursuit, towards me and of how he grants us the blessed opportunity to work for His kingdom.

Imperfect hands, working for the Greatest of All Causes.

So this might serve as a testimony to you, that when God has plans with the work He does through someone, He uses it for His Glory, beyond our estimation of its potential.

Chris said...

Great words Sarah. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and your heart. Be blessed.