Thursday, November 25, 2010

Interesting Dream Last Night

I had a dream in which I was talking on the phone with my friend Brian and we were discussing spiritual matters. I was talking to him about the temptation to compartmentalize our relationship with God and keep it separate from the areas of our lives that we want to keep to ourselves. I was telling him how essential it is that God permeates and saturates everything we say and do because we belong to Him completely. I also distinctly remember telling me that I struggle with this quite often because I am, after all, selfish and a sinner.

Then he said something about how I shouldn't judge myself. So, then I continued on about the two types of judging...how we are called to admonish one another when we see a brother/sister in Christ on the wrong road and how God is the ultimate Judge when it comes to our eternal destination. I mentioned how many non-Christians like to use the verse "Do not judge, lest ye be judged" (yes, I was in King James mode apparently) in an attempt to be excused from any moral bounds when that isn't how the verse was intended. In the dream, my mom and dad were in the background nodding their approval at my words. It was nice to have their affirmation.

These types of dreams occur fairly often. I find it pretty cool that God gives me opportunities to practice discipling and witnessing while I am unconscious. Talk about a productive use of sleeping. Does anyone else have these kinds of dreams?

Comments can now be made on my blog if you care to answer there.

No comments: