Thursday, February 1, 2007

1 Down, 11 To Go

Very glad that January is over. Cold, depressing and cold. I'm emptying hair spray bottles outside every day trying to encourage global warming but the near-term results have been disappointing. Thanks Al. Nobel Peace Prize candidate? Gimme a break. Isn't this guy part of the team that did nothing while various regimes built up their nuclear weapon capabilities? Right.

I set more specific quantitative goals for my trading this year. So far it seems to be working. Up 10.1% in the first month versus 2% on the Nasdaq. It was a challenging month in many respects so I am happy with the end result. February is starting just as challenging.

One of the things I like about trading is the immediate feedback. You generally know right away if you are right or wrong and that is the way I like it. The other good thing is that results are directly correlated over time with the amount of work you put in. You might not experience the correlation right away but sweat equity is real.

New Office episode tonight. Good times.

No comments: