Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday Monday

The title is in memory of The Mamas and The Papas who lost another member last week. I have always liked their music.

The markets picked up where they left off last week...with another beating. After being down fairly significantly early I staged a comeback and was almost even today. That is a win. But a tiring one at that. When the market gets ugly like this it becomes more of a mental weardown. 4 days to go though so I better suck it up. Texas Instruments is trading up after hours on their mid-quarter guidance report so perhaps there will be more green on my screen, particularly in tech land, when the markets open up tomorrow.

In other news...

Hillary Clinton announces she is running for president. Shocking. I haven't been that surprised at an announcement since Elton John told the world he was gay.

I can't believe we are starting this process already. Why can't we just wait until July of next year?

Good to see Peyton make his first Super Bowl. Should be interesting. Sorry to see the Saints lose but it has been a great season and story for the city of New Orleans, which desperately needed something positive to rally around. They will be back and even better next year.

Snow on the ground and clouds in the sky. Definitely feels like January now. And I can't wait for it to stop feeling that way.

No comments: