Saturday, April 3, 2010

Concert

I went to the Tenth Avenue North/Casting Crowns concert last night. I actually didn't even realize it was on Good Friday at the time I booked the ticket online. It was certainly a unique way to worship on the day that commemorates our Lord's death but no less meaningful. My mission on most Good Fridays is to get a glimpse, feel a sliver of what Christ endured on the cross. Just an inkling is all it takes for the weight of that moment to be felt deep inside my soul. It's a good and proper reminder of the cost my Savior endured for me.

Last night wasn't quite like that. Yes, there were moments of reflection and meditation on Christ's sacrifice. There were lyrics from songs that stood out more than they might on other days given it was Good Friday. There are constant reminders of the cross in almost every good Christian song so it wasn't hard to continually reflect throughout the night on Jesus' death.

The first act was Caleb - a young guy - probably a teenager along with this brother. He performed 3 songs. Good voice but the songwriting needs some work.



Then Tenth Avenue North performed. Their music has really been a blessing to me so it was very cool to see them live. Their energy is infectious. They were probably the highlight for me since I know their music the best. They got 7 songs and I would have been fine with twice that.



Casting Crowns was the headline act and didn't disappoint. The songs "East to West" and "Voice of Truth" have been two of the most important songs in my spiritual walk and they sang them both. God had plenty to say to me during those times. It was cool to find out that they only perform on the road Thursday through Saturday. The rest of the time they are at their respective churches doing ministry. I think that says a lot for who is getting the glory when they are on stage.



No comments: