Friday, March 12, 2010

Challenging Week

Battled a tough cold all week. Plus, whenever I would lay down to try and rest or sleep, I would start coughing and have to sit up and drink something to get it to stop. Then the cycle would repeat. It reminded me of being a kid with the nightly coughing fits and heading down to the kitchen for some 7-UP. Actually, I don't think I have had 7-UP since I was a kid, but I digress...

So I got an average of about 3 hours a sleep until last night when the Lord allowed a solid 7 1/2. Needless to say, I am a bit tired at the moment and will be calling it a night after NUMB3RS. It's not a repeat. Sweet.

But I was proud of myself this week. In the midst of that tough physical and mental background, I went to work every day, was fairly productive and made some money in my personal account. In fact, I was almost up 10% on the week. I always find that success in the face of adversity leads to satisfaction. It's kinda like going for a run only to find that the body isn't willing but yet you find a way to power through and do it in a whole-hearted manner. Those are great character building moments.

I tend to expect a lot from myself. It's nice when I can feel good about giving myself a pat on the back.

No comments: