Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weekend Update

Don't sue me SNL.

Ahhh...the weekend. Why only two days? Seems unfair.

Lots to catch up on. Rosie is leaving "The View". Shocking. She is either clinically insane or knew she didn't want to stay and figured she had nothing to lose by being as controversial as possible. Now we know it is the latter but let's also not rule out the former. I do think her comment that radical Christianity is as dangerous as radical Islam does offer us a glimpse of the path that Christian persecution in this nation will take.

Time came out with their "100 Most Influential People" list. As I am sure Bill Keller will point out, Jesus was left off the list again. But the biggest omission according to Sean Hannity was George Bush. He spent a good 15 minutes on this show whining about that and asking how others (including Rosie) could make the list and not Bush. Gimme a break. Is Bush really influential anymore? Powerful, sure. But who is really looking to GW for their cues on anything? He has left his Christian constituency hanging, handled the war effort (and especially the communication part of it) quite poorly and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to push forth any type of agenda whatsoever. The truth is that Rosie is way more influential than Bush and that why it is worth our time to hear what comes out of her mouth. I think Hannity is becoming less of a quality conservative voice.

The Cardinals middle reliever, Josh Hancock, was killed in a single-vehicle accident on I-40 as he ran his SUV into the back of a tow truck that was parked along the side of the road with its lights flashing. Hancock was shown to have been drunk at twice the legal limit and talking on his cell phone at the same time. Maybe some good can come from his death if kids see the dangers that can even happen to a major leaguer. I drove by where he crashed only about 4 hours earlier on my way back from a charity golf event. This incident reminds me of why you don't need to be out driving past midnight unless it's absolutely necessary. Even if you are completely sober, those around you may be quite impaired.

Great matchup tonight between de la Hoya and Mayweather. Probably best fight in well over a decade. I would love to watch it but $55 on PPV is a bit steep. I'll have to catch the replay in a week at the boss' house on HBO.

Won a 27-man poker tournament a week ago. Now that was good fun. I certainly got the right cards at the right times. Poker is a lot like trading. You have to know when to be aggressive and when to step back from risk. You have to understand money management and always know the upside and downside potential of each decision. It also helps to understand human psychology in both professions.

Definitely watching some golf this weekend. Tiger is tied for 1st after the second round. I just love watching this guy compete and everyone trying to raise their mental and physical games so they can beat him. It's fun watching everyone go at it like that.

I would mention the market but I am marketed out for now. Needless to say, I have hit a trading slump that is the worst in probably two years. A lot of that is due to the trading restrictions imposed on me by my bosses so I will just have to figure out a new way to be successful. By the looks of things so far, it ain't gonna be easy.

We are on our 5th straight day of rain. OK, we needed it I guess so thank you Lord. However, if this is what Seattle is like then I will pass.

Softball team is 2-0. I get the feeling we won't be playing Monday night as the field will likely be unplayable but it is once again proving to be a fun social diversion.

I think that's it for now. I was up way too early for a Saturday so it might be nap time soon. It's not like the sun is going to wake me up.

No comments: